Breast augmentation gone wrong
Breast augmentation gone wrong – is complications and side effects of breast enlargement surgery, especially with the help of breast implants.
Patients worried about the risk of complications, qualified plastic surgeon and postoperative problems. Of course, one can not deny a small percentage of unsuccessful operations, but most often it is due to the negligence of a doctor and patient.
The main thing – is the awareness of the complexity of the entire procedure. Therefore, you should first study the possible difficulties after surgery, as well as to get acquainted with the rules of care to eliminate the likelihood of breast swelling, seroma, prolonged pain or gone bad after breast implants.
The reasons for reoperation
The decision to have surgery is not easy. Remember: one operation entails other. It sounds scary, but it’s a fact. Sooner or later required surgery and re breast augmentation.
For it affects:
- decrease the volume of the implant;
- increase or thickening of breast;
- correction after complications;
- the desire to change the shape of the prosthesis;
- the desire to modernize the breast implant;
- cosmetic surgery due to tissue stretching under the weight of a breast implant;
- the shelf life of breast implants.
There are no guarantees that the shape does not deform a few years after breast augmentation. Risks exist. And even if this does not happen in 5-15 years over lifetime – you will have to carry out the operation to remove or change the implant.
Surgeons warn of the likelihood of breast augmentation complications, since a lot depends on the patients themselves. If you do not comply with the requirements after surgery, gone bad and problems may occur after breast augmentation. Suffice it difficult to assess the pros and cons, but it is worth a try.
ContraindicationsContraindications to mammoplasty are almost the same as for other plastic surgeries:
- acute or chronic inflammatory processes, infectious diseases, and tuberculosis;
- pathology of the breast and the heart;
- benign and malignant tumors;
- the absence of children in young women who do not breastfeed.
Precautions before surgery
Is breast augmentation surgery dangerous? There exists side-effects, which is almost impossible to avoid. Many patients are faced with breast implants gone wrong:
- discomfort and pain after breast augmentation during motor processes;
- decrease in sensitivity of nipples or entire areas of skin;
- increase the sensitivity of the nipple;
- swelling of tissues;
- breast asymmetry;
- scars after breast augmentation;
- reduction in the efficiency of diagnosis of breast cancer (mammography);
- decreased ability to breastfeed;
- the need for constant visits to the plastic surgeon.
Side effects of breast implantsRemember, deciding on such a complicated operation as boob augmentation, you must be aware of the possible complications of the procedure. These include:
1. Violation of the sensitivity of the nipple and areola. It may manifest itself in the form of a reduction or increase in sensitivity, as well as full anesthesia nipple and areola. Most often this is due to the installation of the implant through an incision around the areola, around the nipple or through the areola. However, a temporary change in sensitivity is mainly due to the stretch of fine tactile nerves for making the pocket where the implant or prosthesis is set during breast augmentation. These effects rarely frighten patients.
2. Purulent wounds around the implant. This “gone wrong” is due to negligence during surgery: it is necessary preoperative administration of broad-spectrum antibiotics, stop bleeding and wash the cavity in the chest with an antiseptic solution and antibiotics during surgery.If there was festering, the implant must be removed and to treat the wound with antibiotics.
3. Infection. This risk exists in any surgery. It is necessary to immediately apply antibiotics. If toxic shock symptoms appear (fever, vomiting and diarrhea, fainting or dizziness, rash), is required urgently remove the implant.
4. The accumulation of serous fluid. The emergence of seroma may be due to an excessively large cavity for the implant created by the surgeon, or with absence of wound content outflow – drainage. The participation of the patient is also important. Failure to comply with postoperative regime (Premature increase in physical activity, short-term bandaging and refusal to wear a special bra) increases the likelihood of inflammation.5. Hematoma. The accumulation of blood is closely associated with suppuration around the implant, and the formation of capsular contracture. Therefore, during the boob enlargement it is important to take into account the indicators of blood clotting. The patient must strictly follow the rules of the recovery period.
6. Necrosis. Necrosis impedes wound healing and leads to scar deformity. Most often it occurs after infection, use of steroids, smoking or chemotherapy, radio-, heat- and cold therapy. With this, resorting to a correction or removal of the implant.
7. Scars after breast augmentation. Formation of keloids or hypertrophic scars is unlikely. However, due to individual tissue reaction on inflicted injuries, they happen during bust enlargement.
|Type of scars||Keloid scars||Hypertrophic scars|
|The clinical picture||Bluish-red color. The skin in all directions increases. Itching. Decreasing the color saturation and the volume of the rumen lasts several years. Sometimes scar with age does not change||A slight redness. Tissue is raised above the skin. The lack of sensation. The scar becomes white fast enough|
|Time of occurrence||After 2-3 weeks, sometimes a few months and years after breast augmentation surgery||Immediately after surgery|
|Cause of occurrence||Genetic and ethnic predisposition, endocrinopathy, immunity, poor adaptability of the body, chronic stress, secondary infection. Chronic inflammation, hypoxia or microcirculation disturbance||Joining a secondary infection, impaired microcirculation and, as a result – a chronic inflammation or hypoxia|
It requires surgical correction. It is also possible wrinkling and thinning of the breast tissue, which leads to chest deformation or atrophy of the breast tissue. This is due to pressure from the implant.9. The deterioration of the cosmetic effect. Postoperative appearance are not always able to satisfy the client. Some facing such consequences after breast augmentation as its asymmetry, skin folds / wrinkles / stretch marks, wrong-chosen size or shape of the implant, a displacement or palpation of the prosthesis, rough obvious seam. To avoid these complications is necessary to plan the bust enlargement thoroughly.
Rare complications related directly with the implant:
- displacement / misplacement – erroneous planning of implant placement and cavity size for it, ignoring the specifics of the anatomical features of the structure of the rib cage of the client;
- deflation / disinflation – saline solution in the prosthesis may be depleted due to diffusion of isotonic sodium chloride solution through the prosthesis shell or through the valve. This gone wrong does not apply to helium implants;
- rupture – is due to the thin shell of the implant or of a failed valve, due to unsuccessful breast augmentation surgery (surgical damage of the prosthesis) or the patient’s injuries, as well as due to external pressures (trauma, corset, mammography).
Breast implants gone wrong pictures
Many women, especially young women not giving birth, are interested in the effects of augmentation mammoplasty.
Many people, after reading about the risk of complications and failure of breast augmentation, seek out the reviews on the websites of private clinics, as well as forums where it is possible to ask questions and seek advice. Many of the tips are very useful and well drafted.
On many sites dedicated to plastic surgery, give us examples of both successful and unsuccessful photos of breast augmentation. However, the comments are different at such images. Some notices cons of breast augmentation. Others decide that an unsuccessful breast uplift surgery is associated with a surgeon. Others criticized complexes.
By taking this step, listen to all the reviews, check with your doctor. Be sure to think about the strength of your desire. Correctly choose a surgeon. Be vigilant and monitor the quality of implants and surgical equipment. Make sure in planning of boob enlargement. List of general surgical complications shows that much depends on you. Your caution will save you from complications after breast augmentation.